Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Domestic monastery: living by the bell

Main bell of the church of the Arkadi Monastery, Crete, Greece. Photo Credit: Wikipedia Commons. 
I had never heard the term "domestic monastery" until Jennifer Fulwiler recently blogged about it.We already strive to have a contemplative home, focused on mental prayer and meditating on the Scriptures. Now I am trying to bring home the rhythm and discipline a domestic monastery connotes.Our first step is to imitate the monastery bell's call to prayer throughout the day.



Read the specifics at http://contemplativehomeschool.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/domestic-monastery-living-by-the-bell/.




I'm Connie Rossini, and I'm a homeschool mom, writer, and blogger. I believe the best way to keep our kids Catholic and to educate them in the faith is modeling prayer and virtue for them. I write a lot (about half my posts) about how you can grow closer to Christ. As a former member of the Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites (OCDS), I write from a Carmelite perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment