Sunday, April 21, 2013

REACHING OUT TO ONE SOUL AT A TIME
I always wear mu crucifix on my outer garment, trolling for those who might want to discuss issues about their faith.  Last week at the gym Mike commented on the crucifix and them informed me he was a Baptized Catholic, had received a Catholic education and the Sacraments.  He recently began reading Darwin's theories and other books on evolutioon and was now an atheist.

The gym is not the best setting for evangelizing.  We exchanged some viewpoints and beliefs, the only thing we agreed on was that he could not prove there was no God and I could not scientifically prove there was.  I left him with this thought.  Believing Makes this life better.  You believe you are nothing more than a very intelligent animal, there are no eternal rewards for doing good or punishment for evil.  After some perhaps ninety years you will slip into an eternity of nothingness.  I believe I am created in the image and likeness of my creator, there is an aspect of my being that will never die.  My struggle for holiness can merit an eternity of joy in the presence of a loving God.  Whether that is true or not it makes this life so much better believing it.

Yours in Christ
John Moreno

Catholic Lay Preachers
www.thelaypreacher.com    

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I'm glad Mike bumped into you. I bet you got him thinking. Evangelization seems to work best when people talk with authority and with love...and it sounds like you did it just right.

    ReplyDelete